Manual TOFD Scanner
TecScan offers a dual axis manual scanner specifically designed for Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD) applications. This Manual TOFD Scanner was designed to perform encoded TOFD inspections parallel (X) and perpendicular (Y) to the weld orientation, with indexing capabilities on the Y axis. With the ability to move the probe assembly on both axes, and move the individual probes apart with the simple turn of an adjustment knob, this manual scanner makes TOFD adjustments simple. Pipe Scanner configuration for inspection of welds is also available.
Two axis scanner designed for TOFD welds inspections.
Operates with TecView™ TOFD Software package !
Manual TOFD Scanners
Whether you are inspecting pressure vessels, plates or pipes, TecScan’s TOFD scanning systems will meet all your inspection requirements. The system consists of the scanner, portable computer for field work and low noise ultrasonic instrumentation. At the heart of the system is a user friendly software package, TecView™ TOFD, which will assist you in performing all your TOFD inspections.
Pipe Scanner configuration also available
Pipe scanner are also available for encoded TOFD inspection of welds. They consist of dual axis configurations and designed to be linked to the pipe using a standard welding guide rings or a metallic chain.
Features & Advantages
- Encoded TOFD inspections parallel (X) and perpendicular (Y)
- Ability to move the probe assembly on both axes and simple probe adjustments
- Indexing capabilities on the linear axes
- Carriage runs on standard welding guide rings
- Easy clamping device allows for quick and stable mounting on the guide ring
- Magnetic and rubber wheels
- Control knobs for independent probe position adjustments
- Handle on the carriage for easy system manipulation
- Spring loaded probe supports to ensure constant contact with the inspected surface
- Carriage can run more than 360o around the inspected pipe
- Scan resolution 0.0006”/step
- Complete multi-tasking software
- Automated scanner also available for welding
Typical Pipe Scanner Specifications
- Resolution: 0.01 mm/step
- Configurable for flat to 3” curvature radius
- Automated scanners also available
- 60°L TOFD wedge pair (other angles available)
- 10 MHz (6 mm diameter) transducer pair (other frequencies available)
- Water pump system (optional)