Bearing Inspection Systems
TecScan offers turnkey automated Eddy Current Bearing Inspection Systems. The standard configuration represents a 4-axis assembly (Y, Z, Gimbal, Turn Table) operated using our Eddy Current software package TecView™ EC. The software assists you in the management of motion control, scanning procedure, data collection and analysis, as well as in the setting of the Eddy Current parameters and alarms. This Eddy Current scanner performs the inspections using special testing procedures developed for the scanning of Ball Bearing Raceways, Roller Bearings Raceways, Inner Grooves, etc..
Eddy Current scanner for MRO component testing !
Inspection of Ball Bearing Raceways, Roller Bearings Raceways, Inner Grooves!
Eddy Current Bearing Inspection System
TecScan delivers a turnkey solution that includes the bearing inspection scanner, all required electronics housed in an industrial enclosure, a workstation, and an external eddy current instrument that is completely integrated to our TecView™ EC software package.The scanning process is completely automated and controlled by our TecView™ EC software package which incorporates motion control, setting of eddy current parameters, data acquisition, and data analysis.
TecScan’s bearing inspection system is fully adapted to the repetitive inspection of identical parts. Once the setup is performed for a test piece, identical parts can be inspected easily and with minimal interventions from the inspector.
We also has developed and GE approved a automated scanning procedure specially tailored for the inspection of inner and outer Raceways and Inner Grooves.
TecView™ EC software
With the TecView™ EC software package, the inspector can set live and post-acquisition alarms for acceptance or rejection criteria. In the analysis module, both the C-Scan and the independent tracks can be visualized and analyzed with different alarms, gain and rotational settings. Eddy Current Inspection reports with all the recorded tracks and the triggered alarms can be generated using the report utility.
Acquisition Module: EC Setup
• Complete integration of Eddy-Current flaw detector
• Recall of saved scan setups
• Multiple Alarm configuration
• Filter adjustments
• Gain adjustments
Acquisition Module : Scan Configuration
• Quick setup
• Complete scan of raceway
• Circumferential and perpendicular scan patterns
• Adapted for repetitive scans
• Scan set up for ball or roller raceways
Analysis Module: Track Display
• Track / Strip chart display
• Visual Alarms
• Data Recording
• Generation of Inspection Reports
Analysis Module: C-Scan
• C-Scan display of raceway
• Display of Horizontal and Vertical traces
• Full signal analysis capabilities
- Versatile Turnkey System
- Scanner adapted for inspection of bearing geometry
- Granit table top (48” X 30”) with high stability and rigidity
- Z and Y Axes: Ball screw driven actuators
- Turntable assembly
- Centering chuck for rings up to 32” in dia.
- Gimbal assembly for probe positioning
- Eddy current Probes (pencil & right angle)
- Flexible Probe Holders
- Bearing inspection procedure and report
- Remote access assistance & troubleshooting
- TecView™ EC control & analysis suite
Typical Scanner Specifications
|Axis||Max Speed||Accuracy/ Feet||Resolution/ Step||Repeatability|
*These specifications may vary according to clients requirements.
EC Instrument Specifications
|to 16 (Time multiplexed)|
|10 Hz to 10 MHz|
|Rotation||0 to 360 °|
|Output voltage||0 to 20 Vpp|
|Preamplifier||0 to 60 dB|
|Horizontal, Vertical gains||0 to 80 db|
|Low pass filter||10Hz to 100kHz|
|High pass filter||0 to 10 kHz|
|Analog outputs||CH0 Horizontal|
Analog output full scale
|External trigger input||TTL compatible|
|Digital data output||16 bit, streaming via USB|
Bearing Inspection System.pdf
|Date:||March 25, 2015|