Phased Array Axle Scanner
TecScan has developed an advanced ultrasonic solution for non-destructive testing of train axles. This solution includes a manual axle scanner and phased array technology. The scanner performs a full 360° rotation of the phased array probe around the axle axis. Making use of the multi-angle capabilities of the phased array technology, the scanner produces simultaneous pulse-echo inspections at all refraction angles, all areas of interest within the axle are therefore covered by a single scan. The inspection results are easy to understand, they are presented either in the form of sectorial scans showing all refraction angles, as B-Scans at some specific refraction angles or as C-Scans corresponding to specific areas of the axle.
Ultrasonic Phased Array Train axle scanner !
The complete axle inspection is performed in one single scan.
Phase Array Train Axle Scanner
TecScan’s axle scanner is versatile and carefully designed for ease of operation on horizontal axles. It has lightweight and is equipped with low friction magnetic pads that help secure the scanner on the structure without interfering with the scan motion. In addition, it has ergonomic handles to allow easy and smooth 360˚ scanning motion. Adjustments of the probe positioning with regards to the axle center allow for versatility on multiple axle dimensions as well as ultrasonic signal optimization. Whether you are interested in the TecScan’s Axle scanner or the full phased array inspection solution, out team will be glad to help identify the right solution for your needs.
Features & Advantages
- Detection of fatigue cracks in critical areas of in-service train axles
- Perform inspections from the axle ends without having to completely disassemble the axles
- Equipped with a high resolution rotational encoder that allows to monitor the circumferential location of the probe
- Performs pulse-on-position scanning using an ultrasonic flaw detection unit over the full 360° range
- spring-loaded probe holder help maintain a constant coupling between the ultrasonic probe and axle for repeatability
|Stroke||360° continuous scanning|
|Encoder resolution||0.04°/ step|
|Scan Resolution||0.5 to 2 mm|
|Frequency||2.25 & 5.0 MHz|
*These specifications may vary according to clients requirements.